Friday, November 4, 2011

Oogeds!

CAPTCHA terms of the day:

nathoad n. a natty toad  OK.  That was lame.  I don't know why, but when I saw this CAPTCHA, I immediately thought of Mr.Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland, based, of course, on The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.  Why is it again that some of my favorite childhood books described people (or anthropomorphized animals) in places that were completely unfamiliar to me?  "A pastoral version of England" (thanks Wiki) is about as far as you can get from Gardena, CA.  We set traps out for rats.  Yes, we did.

orsabi slang a question meaning do you want soy sauce or wasabi?  Lame again.  I just can't resist these things, though.  This CAPTCHA also brought to mind Obi-Wan Kenobi AND "savvy" of Johnny Depp/Captain Jack Sparrow fame.  An interesting combination, that.

demancol n. This is, quite obviously, a new drug that will either bring out/tone down your inner demon or make the government's no-call list actually work. 

oogeds Any takers?  All I've got is a vowel switch for kicks of "eegads!" which makes as much sense as the rest of these.

And so, if you're still reading, this was my Sudoku, or "mental aerobics," for the day.  If only actual aerobics were this much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment